Wiggins parade canceled; Gemini set to roll in Gulfport | News
BILOXI, MS (WLOX)- 2013 Mardi Gras parades are gearing up throughout the Gulf Coast. If your Krewe's parade is not listed below email firstname.lastname@example.org with a contact number and details for the parade. Some of the Krewes are still looking for parade entries. Call the numbers added to the list to learn how you can enter.
Tuesday, February 12
The Wiggins parade has now been canceled! Parade organizers made the decision Tuesday afternoon not to roll Tuesday night.
The 43rd Annual Krewe of Gemini Mardi Gras night parade starts at 6:30 p.m. but may roll as early as 6:20 if the weather is clear. It rolls in downtown Gulfport. Attendees will see more than 60 floats and tons of throws. For more information contact Al Hayes at 228-547-5170.
Bay St. Louis
6th Annual Krewe of Diamonds Mardi Gras parade rolls down Bay St. Louis starting at 1 p.m. The parade lines up Line- up at 11:00am at Commegere Park on Bookter Street. Head South on Bookter Street to Necaise Ave. Main Street to Beach Blvd. Beach Blvd to Union Street. Continue on Union to Blaize Ave/Third Street. Turn Right on Sycamore Street. Sycamore St. Turn right onto Old Spanish Trail back to Bookter Street. For more call 228-671-1471.
Gulf Coast Carnival Association Mardi Gras Parade starts at 1 p.m. and takes place in downtown Biloxi.
Krewe of Neptune rolls at 3 p.m. Starting at Main Street in downtown Biloxi then turns onto Lameuse Street. Then Left on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. Then left on Reynoir Street onto highway 90. Right on Porter Avenue then right on Howard Avenue. Join the Krewe of Neptune for one of the biggest Mardi Gras parties featuring large double decker floats from New Orleans, marching bands, and other marching clubs parading through beautiful and historic downtown Biloxi. The theme this year is "Neptune Parties At The End Of The World". See website for a map parade route: http://www.kreweofneptune.org/
Copyright 2013 WLOX. All rights reserved.
Top Pascagoula Stories
Upcoming Events near Pascagoula
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Moss Point School District student honored to academic achievement
- Broomfield beats Moss Point mayoral incumbent Aneice Liddell
- April Employees of the Month Honored
- Moss Point High School Alumni Daniel Roberts Leads his Way to the White House
- Moss Point residents frustrated by 2nd flood in less than a year
- 2nd Annual 5.5 mile “Alzheimer’s Walk for the Cure” fundraiser is June 15
- Deputies discover drugs, firearms following traffic stop
- Vancleave Middle School rallying around student with brain tumor
- Two men accused of stealing from Vancleave man
- Women’s Fund of Mississippi Journeys to Gulfport/Biloxi for Economic Security for Women